- Book a Flight
- Modify a Booking
CALM AIR INTERNATIONAL LP ("Calm Air")
A SUMMARY OF OUR PRIVACY OBLIGATIONS WITH RESPECT TO OUR CLIENT'S PERSONAL INFORMATION - also available in
Printable Version (PDF - 28kb)
Calm Air adheres to the following principles, in accordance with its obligations at law, namely:
Identifying Purposes Calm Air shall only collect personal information for specified business purposes, which may include the following, namely:
- to establish or update customer accounts
- to process payments
- to assess Calm Air's ability to accommodate a customer's special needs
- to contact its customers concerning changes to travel schedules or delays;
- to register customers for the E-Calm newsletter program; and
- to provide customers with promotional information concerning Calm Air and its services from time to time.
Limiting Collection Calm Air shall only collect personal information that is required for the specified legitimate business purposes.
Accuracy - Calm Air has an obligation to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date for the purpose for which it was collected.
Individual Access - Upon written request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and may be granted access to the records of Calm Air that may contain his or her personal information, except where permitted or required by law.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions, an individual may ammend or withdraw his or her consent and Calm Air shall abide by such revised consent.
Challenging Compliance - An individual may challenge Calm Air's compliance with its obligations at law.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information means information about an identifiable individual. In order to provide you with certain services, Calm Air must collect your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other requisite contact information, along with your payment information, which allows Calm Air to communicate with you effectively, to book your travel arrangements and process your payment in accordance with applicable rules and regulations.
Calm Air's Collection, Use and Disclosure of your Personal Information
Calm Air may collect your personal information should you book travel directly with Calm Air agents, from your travel agent or through our website. In addition, Calm Air may also receive your personal information from corporations, including employers, who make travel arrangements on behalf of employees, or certain medical authorities who book travel on behalf of patients.
Should your booking be made by a third party, you are thereby consenting to the disclosure of your travel information, including but not limited to any information relating to scheduling information, itinerary changes, payment or credit information, to the specified third party. Calm Air has adopted this policy in order to avoid double booking or problems relating to unused flight credits.
- Identification For both security and administrative purposes, Calm Air may require that you provide appropriate identification, namely a valid passport or drivers license, containing photographic identification, in order to permit you to travel with Calm Air. Generally, Calm Air does not retain copies of such information on file.
- E-Calm Membership Calm Air customers can register to take part in the E-Calm program, which is a marketing program for Calm Air customers. Should a customer join the E-Calm program, his or her travel information may be collected over time in order to permit Calm Air to develop programs to better suit its customers. Calm Air may also provide promotional information to members over time.
- Promotional Contests Calm Air may offer promotional contests from time to time. In order to take part in such contests, individuals may have to provide certain contact information in order that Calm Air may communicate with contest winners. Calm Air accepts applications, along with resumes and cover letters with respect to its employment opportunities. All applications for employment will be safeguarded in the same manner as other Personal Information under Calm Air's control.Calm Air will use the information provided in order to assess your suitability for employment, to review your employment history, to contact supervisors and references and to communicate with you throughout the application process. Should you be selected for a position with Calm Air, your application, resume and cover letter will be included in your employment file. Should you not be the successful applicant for the position applied for, Calm Air will retain your application on file for a period of six months in order to assess your future suitability.
c/o Calm Air International LP
90 Thompson Drive
Thompson, Manitoba Canada
Our Privacy Officer will respond to your request within 30 days from the date your request is received.